“Women may be the one group that grows more radical with age.”
~ Gloria Steinem ~
Brave spaces is in the process of identifying and developing fresh initiatives to engage and support women in Singapore who are in their advanced years. We seek to play a role in facilitating active ageing and retirement for communities on women of intersectional identities, and empower them as valuable members of our society.
As Singapore’s population ages, a larger proportion of women of intersectional identities may face a variety of challenges and require support. With our intersectionalities-focused approach, we aim to develop outreach and support initiatives that will complement the work of state and non-state bodies.
This work includes:
- Researching and collecting data to develop a deeper understanding of the intersectionalities of these women and the daily challenges they face.
- Convening a working group to develop a framework
- Identifying adaptable frameworks, building resource networks and driving collaboration to engage these groups of women.
- Organising workshops and social gatherings to benefit these women.
We are currently looking for:
- Volunteer researchers, e.g. students, professionals, retirees
- Volunteer coordinators, e.g. outreach and engagement, copy writing/editing,
- Student interns, either majoring in or possess a passion for psychology, social work, communications, gerontology, etc.