Let’s walk for the women who have influenced or inspired us! Sign up now!
The Brave Walk is a 6.5 km walk for women, by women. This inaugural walk is organised by Singapore women’s non-profit Brave Spaces, which is committed to engaging, enriching and empowering women. This includes supporting marginalised women and creating access for women from diverse backgrounds.
Why join the inaugural Brave Walk?
- Walk because you believe that a woman’s access to support and care should not be defined by age, ability or background.
- Walk to raise awareness for women’s equity, health and self-care.
- Walk to create positive spaces for diverse women in Singapore.
- Walk with like-minded women who believe in nurturing the emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of all women.
- Bring your family and friends, even pet dogs too!
All proceeds from tickets sold and donations go directly to supporting Brave Spaces initiatives, research, advocacy and helpline.
Brave Walkers will walk 6.5km along the well-traversed coastline of East Coast Park. Register or contribute: http://sgbravewalk2018.peatix.com!
All Walkers will receive a specially designed 100% pure cotton Brave Walk T-Shirt. Registration closes Monday, 30 July. Please review our Terms & Conditions before proceeding to the ticketing page.
For more information:
- Location: Casuarina Grove, East Coast Park (Carpark F2)
- Date: 25 August 2018, 7:45am
Get the conversation going on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter:
Brave Spaces adopts a collaborative approach to serving its vision of “Courage for Every Woman in Need”, bringing together community, civic and corporate stakeholders to build and sustain initiatives that engage women to empower women.
We welcome corporate partners who share our goal in continuously creating holistic, transformative and sustainable social impact for women in Singapore who are underserved and marginalised, while concurrently focusing on alleviation of suffering, improvement of well-being, and building of capacities. Get in touch with us.
The Brave Walk Terms and Conditions
- Please note that the completion of the online entry form confirms the Participants’ agreement to abide by the relevant Rules & Regulations of THE BRAVE WALK 2018 organised by Brave Spaces Limited.
- By submitting this electronic form, you authorise Brave Spaces to contact you by email for updates on activities, events and workshops organised by the organisation. We treat your personal data with utmost confidentiality and will not exchange it with 3rd parties.
- By attending the event, you consent to the use of your photograph, voice, likeness and image in any broadcast of this event and in subsequent productions drawn from video or audio recordings of this event. Braves Spaces Limited reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other records of the event for any legitimate purposes but not for commercial uses.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their entries to another party after their registrations are confirmed.
- Participants below 18 years of age need to seek parental or guardian consent before participating in the event.
- Brave Spaces Limited reserves the right to delay the commencement of the walk in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race without refund of registration fees.
- No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers is allowed on the course during the race except official race, medical vehicles and mobility aids for persons with physical impairment.
B. Safety & Medical Advisory
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the safety of participants, participants take part at their own risks and the Organiser, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- The Organiser reserves the right to stop any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the walk to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/ or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- For the safety of participants, participants are advised to walk on the designated route and observe traffic regulations.
- Participants accept and agree that they will not hold Brave Spaces Limited or their agents and representatives, their sponsors and their appointed officials liable for any damages, expenses, costs, loss of profits or liabilities however arising, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, from the participation in The Brave Walk or from any action or proceedings taken (or refrained from being taken) directly or indirectly as a result of participation or non participation in The Brave Walk.
- The Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Brave Spaces Limited or their agents and representatives, their sponsors and their appointed officials, against any loss, liability, claim, damage and expense whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any and all expenses reasonably incurred) arising out of the Participant’s participation or non participation in The Brave Walk.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these terms and conditions, the maximum aggregate amount to which the Organiser shall be liable to the Participant for any claim arising from the event shall be the price of the registration fees for the event.
D. Personal Information
You agree that any personally identifiable information which you provide to us may be collected for the following purpose:
- To provide goods and services by the Organiser or its designated representatives, and related organisations to you or parties designated by you.
- To verify and record your personal particulars and to use the information to communicate with you.
- To send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of the Organiser, its affiliates and related organisations.
E. Waiver: Responsibilities of the Participants
- I declare to the best of my knowledge that I do not suffer from any of the following pre-existing medical conditions: (a) any cardiac or respiratory weakness or ailment; (b) epilepsy or any other neurological condition; (c) any orthopaedic or rheumatological complaint or (d) any other complaint or condition which would involve a serious risk to any physical or mental health by my participation in the event.
- I understand and voluntarily agree that Brave Spaces Limited and partners do NOT take responsibility for any kind of indemnity, claim, cost, damage and/or prejudicial consequence claimed, including but not limited to damages from accidents or any material, physical, psychological or moral damage or lost profits caused to my person or to my dependents, because of and on the occasion of the Walk in which I shall participate.
- I declare that I have read and understood the above information, I accept the rules and I grant permission for my personal data to be handled under the terms described herein.